Search the forum,

Discuss Ground Source trenches in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All, newbie here.
I am building a new home on a spacious plot and considering a ground source heat pump instead of air source.
I understand trenches need to be 1.2m deep, 1m wide, and 5m apart.
But how level does the overall site have to be?
My site is on the side of a hill and the trenches would need to go to and fro up and down the hill.
Is there is a maximum gradient for such a system to work efficiently?
Thanks
Darren

I would go bore hole much better than a slinky

Reply to Ground Source trenches in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Greetings, esteemed community members, I find myself in possession of a remote and highly inaccessible plot of land, devoid of any utilities. On this land, there exists a well housing a 10-year-old pump that has never been utilized. I intend to conduct a thorough test using a portable...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
I've nearly completed a Barn conversion on a 2 Acre plot. The ground collector pipes have all been Trenched in deeper than the land drainage on the site & deeper than the septic tank soakaway as well..... My theory on this is you can't freeze running water & winter ground water temperatures will...
Replies
Views
S
Hello - I'm new here - I'm a householder, not a plumber, but would really like some advice - here goes: I wish to install a multifuel boiler (possibly a charnwood Cove 2B) in a ground floor flat. I obviously have no loft space and a maximum ceiling height of 2400mm. I wish to run...
Replies
Views
snapjack
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock