Search the forum,

Discuss Ground source heat pumps test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan0151

Hi currently in college studying level 3 city and guilds heat pumps. Currently on the test 'know the requirements to install, commission and handover heat pump systems' which is 77 questions long. All though it's a city and guilds test they haven't provided us with any resources (and apparently haven't got any). So at the moment I've been using the bpec power points and logic heat pump book which simply hasn't got enough info init to pass the test. Anyone had the same problem? And recommend where I can find more info? Thanks in advance.

That's poor, to assess you on somthing you haven't had training, or literature?

I went to viessman they have a training academy and have a bore hole one installed at their head office in telford, many of the courses are free and they put you up for the night in a hotel worth giving them a call. 01952 6750332 regards k

Hi currently in college studying level 3 city and guilds heat pumps. Currently on the test 'know the requirements to install, commission and handover heat pump systems' which is 77 questions long. All though it's a city and guilds test they haven't provided us with any resources (and apparently haven't got any). So at the moment I've been using the bpec power points and logic heat pump book which simply hasn't got enough info init to pass the test. Anyone had the same problem? And recommend where I can find more info? Thanks in advance.

I know a a place that do the same course I presume its the 2399-31 environmental technologies that you are doing? if it is I can give you a number of a proper center to call to get a full set of study notes for this course

This is part of my nvq city and guilds level 3 heating and plumbing qual (and right towards the end of it) so won't be able to move college. Just really annoyed and disappointed city and guilds haven't provided us with any recourses when it's there qualification! Not sure if it's the first time city and guilds have added this to there level 3 nvq but it's completely not on not providing us with anything and every time I have tried to contact city and guilds with this problem I've had no joy.

Hi! I personally did a lot of research and came to the conclusion to install Husky heat pump to heat & cool my workshop outbuilding. It works well, heating the building during the cold winter and cooling it on hot days. Works fine for me!

The immediately previous response is clearly a marketing spammer, as they clearly didn't do a lot of research! - Designing a system for cooling is not a simple case of reversing the system - unless you want wet carpets and floors!

A lot of the information is also on the MCS Website - see installer standards for heat pumps with worked examples on design as well as handover documentation which by its nature covers commissioning Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Home

From experience you're looking at at least 160 hours of study and a similar amount of practical and 'homework' before you'd be able to answer those questions. - And that is on the basis that you already understand the requirements and design of heating systems and electrical requirements.
You CANNOT be expected to answer those questions without that training.

- The above investment in time is why we have to fix so many bad installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ground source heat pumps test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I've got a woodburning stove with a back boiler that I cant quite figure out. Last year it was heating the water but not the radiators, and this year its heating the radiators and not the water. Does anybody have any ideas? Its a fairly old installation, I'm guessing from the 80s ish...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can give me some advice on replacing an old air source heat pump. We moved into a shared ownership house last year which has a Daiken air source heat pump fitted to provide heating and hot water. The unit was fitted when the house was built 12 years ago. It seems that the...
Replies
Views
Not an expert at all here, so please bear with me. We bought a Victorian terraced house early 2 years ago that was maintained quite well, with a heating system consisting of UFH on the bottom floor with its own manifold and each room being a zone. We also have 5 radiators (2 aluminium cast)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock