Search the forum,

Discuss GROHE Red - Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I’ve been googling for a solution and tried GROHE directly (no response) but have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

I have just moved into a house that has a GROHE Red boiling water tap installed in the kitchen. When turning the boiling tap on only a trickle of boiling water comes out. It takes an age to fill up a cup.

The only advice on the GROHE web site is to clean the flow straightener which I have done but made no difference. The regular hot and cold water supply that comes out of the same tap are fine.

I would appreciate any advice on what could be causing this. Thank You.

Hi,
I’ve been googling for a solution and tried GROHE directly (no response) but have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

I have just moved into a house that has a GROHE Red boiling water tap installed in the kitchen. When turning the boiling tap on only a trickle of boiling water comes out. It takes an age to fill up a cup.

The only advice on the GROHE web site is to clean the flow straightener which I have done but made no difference. The regular hot and cold water supply that comes out of the same tap are fine.

I would appreciate any advice on what could be causing this. Thank You.

I'm in a similar position but after researching online apparently this is how the product is. And with the boiling tap and hot/cold going out the same tap, all water that comes out the tap is restricted...

If you find a better solution or of someone here can reply I'm also interested to know how to improve the pressure for the boiling tap as well as normal hot and cold thank you.

Out of interest, is the water actually boiling in yours? I worked in a house where customer had a similar system (don't know if hers was a Grohe or other brand) and, while I never saw the kitchen nor what brand of tea or teabags she used, I did notice that the tea she made us was **oody awful.

Wouldn't want one at home as seems like the kind of thing manufacturers want us to believe we need, but would be interested to know whether it's as good as a kettle on a gas hob for tea purposes in your experience as I can imagine circumstances in which such an item would be useful. But perhaps you're a coffee person?

Fitted 3 different types of these all of them worked well to be fair but i can see problems down the line, they need regular filter changes even a yearly service by the manufacturer to keep the warranty valid this can be expensive the zip one i know is £350 a year ouch😜 and £2.5k to buy . Not for me I'm afraid . Kop

Attachments

• PXL_20201120_122135263.jpg
    PXL_20201120_122135263.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20201119_160832119.jpg
    PXL_20201119_160832119.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190128_155651.jpg
    20190128_155651.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190129_120946.jpg
    20190129_120946.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 9
  • inCollage_20200501_190014124.jpg
    inCollage_20200501_190014124.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 8
Bit like waste disposal macerator, I don't see them serving any purpose except to provide me with a call out now and then.

Reply to GROHE Red - Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock