Search the forum,

Discuss Grohe push button wall mounted toilet - problem with flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vetinry

Good morning
We're in the middle of renovating the bathroom and yesterday I did the pipework for bath, sink and toilet.

The toilet cystern is a Grohe Rapid SL and it came with the skate cosmopolitan wall plate.

I'm a pretty competent DIYer but I have to say that I've found the instructions nigh on impossible to interpret.

Nevertheless, I have installed the frame and all looked ok

I switched the water on and the cistern filled up and stopped correctly when it was full.

We haven't put the wall back in yet (bathroom is upstairs in a bungalow conversion and so loft space behind toilet) and so I thought I'd test using the wall plate

I plugged in the blue tube to the wall plate and then pushed the buttons.

There was a small amount of flushing but this only happened when you hold the buttons down - as soon as you release them it stops flushing.

Does anyone have experience of installing these frames?

Any ideas because it's completely thrown me

Many thanks

Steve

I've installed a few of these in the past and cant say I've ever had one not work, BUT, grohe instruction are absolutely terrible, to the piont where I just wont use there stuff anymore. You invariably get two or three sets of different diagrams for the various bits your installing, all to be read in conjuction with each other and all confusing. Their shower valves are particularly bad. I know it doesn't help you now but I would always fit Geberit stuff , so much more straightforward and every bit as good quality as grohe.

All I would suggest is you disassemble it and start again, checking everything as you go, but you've probably done that already.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I managed to find a couple of instructional videos on the Grohe professional site and so much clearer than the instructions
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, did you discover the solution?
Jase

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grohe push button wall mounted toilet - problem with flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock