Search the forum,

Discuss Grohe Precision Joy Flow Restrictor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Longpot

Hi all, my first post here :)

I've recently installed a Grohe Precision Joy, and notice that the pressure is lower than my old shower head (gravity fed system).

The instructions come with the following picture View attachment 1055866.pdf which seems to imply I can change the connector depending on my water flow.

However, I am really struggling to get to these parts. So far I have taken off the filter, and can see what looks like a flow restrictor, but cannot get to it.

The flow restrictor seems to be behind a plastic piece which is also the threads of the showerhead, and it looks like it should pull off, but it doesn't move with a reasonable amount of pressure, and I don't want to use more force in case I break it.

Any suggestions as to how I access the parts in the diagram? Or failing that remove the flow restrictor altogether?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Thanks Tom - I'll give it a go.

As an alternative, can I just drill through the flow restrictor and take it out without having to remove the plastic piece?

So I managed to removed the flow restrictor with some needle nose pliers and without removing the plastic piece around it.

Flow is still appalling though, so I guess I'll need to look at getting a pump installed.

to be honest Grohe make most products for Europe and thats normally decent pressure systems so this doesn't surprise me. Might be cheaper to swap the tap to a low pressure one. Or prop the Cold water storage cistern up if you can.

Pump is an option but it's not cheap, and you cant use a shower pump either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grohe Precision Joy Flow Restrictor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock