Search the forum,

Discuss Grohe Cistern issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a couple of concealed slimline cisterns.
They have started to leak water into WC, this is 100% not down the overflow pipe, as water level is well below that.
Took it out cleaned all … still the same (or worse if anything) …. From empty the infill ‘torbeck type’ starts filling, all is fine until around 50mm deep .. and the water starts to leak …. Assuming that the bottom ‘main seal’ is OK, as nothing gets past that initially, only leaks when it get in over the float, so my logic is that is must be getting past the inner seal.

Are these spares items ?
The main seal aprox 66 OD and 48 ID has No. 14.11.29 1 DAL
The inner seal aprox 48 OD and 30 ID has No. 14.11.30 8 DAL

Picture shows siphon, and the seals in the lower picture.

Grohe.jpg

Attachments

• Grohe.jpg
    Grohe.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
I know this was a while ago but my comments might help others - had a problem with weeping Grohe cistern and cleaned the seals and removed any limescale I could find, ensured it was smooth but still wept. Having decided to get a new DAL piston for about £10 but they out of stock. Had another look and found that the weight of the piston could be increased by putting some lead weight round the central shaft (had some for our fish tank fortunately). This seems to have done the job for now as the seal is now pushing down more of the flow pipe thereby sealing any gaps which was letting the water through. Why Grohe don't make the piston heavier in the first place is of course an issue - probably because they get repeat business from us buying replacements or the seals themselves which are about £4

Reply to Grohe Cistern issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

See attached pics of this cistern this is a VP slimline concealed cistern can you please tell me what I have here . . . The part that has come apart does not look like the coupling parts in the VP 'how to fit' pdf file. I would much appreciate advice on how I get the current plastic ring...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have attached a picture of the offending item that is dripping water constantly. Guessing the whole lot needs replacing but not sure what to ask for when...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock