Search the forum,

Discuss Grohe Adagio - leaking into cistern, discharge piston already replaced in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I'm looking for some guidance with a problem with the Grohe Adagio discharge piston/seal which leaks part way through refilling. I've seen this raised before but there didn't seem to be a resolution.

We have a couple of Grohe Adagio concealed cisterns, both 16 years old. With one I have a leak problem from the cistern to the toilet pan. Its not related to the water inlet which is new and stops filling at 2cm below the top of the overflow entry into the flush mechanism.

With the flush mechanism I've removed it from the cistern, descaled it, the cistern & the cistern outlet pipe and replaced the discharge piston & base sealing washer using Grohe part 43544000.

What happens now is that when refilling, the water level gets up to about 50mm deep (1/2 way up the vertical cylindrical part of the mechanism) at which point water starts to leak out of the cistern into the toilet pan. Normally the volume leaking out matches the incoming from the feed and so that cistern doesn't fill any further.

When I then add water manually with a jug to take the level up another 20-30mm the water leak into the toilet pan ceases and the cistern continues to fill as it should.

What can I do to fix this and make the toilet useable again?

Weak spring in the flush valve- replace the whole valve and keep your discharge piston as a spare.

Assuming you have seated the prong of the bellows correctly on the edge of the flush valve?

Reply to Grohe Adagio - leaking into cistern, discharge piston already replaced in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have attached a picture of the offending item that is dripping water constantly. Guessing the whole lot needs replacing but not sure what to ask for when...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just a side note to start, I am not a plumber and have pretty much zero knowledge about plumbing. I have three toilets in my house, a downstairs one, big bathroom one and an en-suite one. There was a rattling noise coming from the downstairs toilet whenever the chain had been flushed...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Onto my 2nd loo that’s currently turned off as it’s constantly flowing into the pan. Grohe concealed but with no flush plate. Flush panel removed. I attempted to pull out the flush valve to source a replacement but the stupid previous owner put the countertop on too low down and it won’t come...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached one of the photos when I found out the cistern overflowing above the overflow pipe) and one other pipe that has a small drops coming out of it that is...
Replies
Views
We are trying to replace the push button flush on our toilet. We've got a replacement flush, that includes seals for 1.5" and 2" cisterns, however the diameter of the hole at the bottom of our cistern is bigger, about 2.65cm/2.7". We've attempted to use the 2"seal,with the old doughnut seal...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock