Search the forum,

Discuss Gritty tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Over the last 12 months we have experienced a recurring problem with Mono Block Mixer taps fitted to a bathroom wash basin, basically since he had a new Worcester Combi Boiler fitted, which inluded a filter on the supply side..

I changed the original tap as the operation of it changed and it felt and sounded as though grit had got into the mechanisim, making it fail to open and transverse smoothly. Within 4 months the new replacement tap is experiencing the same issues, to the extent that I feel it will soon need to be replaced.

Can you please advise the possible cause of this problem. It is debris in the water, something related to the heat setting of the boiler, or just a tap quality issue?

Thank you

Sorry I do not know the brand, it was purchased at alocal general store ay a cost of circa £35
That is a very cheap tap, especially if that's a ceramic mechanism. I personally would never supply a customer with anything that cheap as I wouldn't trust it to last. Not saying the tap is the problem, but do be aware that what you have there is either a bargain or a pile of tat, so might be the problem.

Next time look for WRAS approved. It's about water safety but it means that the tap has gone through some sort of quality control.

Reply to Gritty tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock