Search the forum,

Discuss greenstar junior 28i heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daveyg82

Got called to this boiler earlier for an issue with the heating. 2 of the 5 rads were luke warm at the top
and the other 3 pretty cool. checked at the boiler which was set to max on the temp dial. Boiler sounded like it was full of air while the pump running. Tried to bleed the pump and when opening the screw water trying to spray out, Not the usual trickle I'd expect. Tried the bleed point with the hose at the top of the heat exchanger and got water straight away.

When boiler runs on heating it fires up for maybe 5 -10 seconds then shuts down on temp, no fault.
If I run the boiler on hot water it runs as long as required.

I spoke to Worcester who had me check that the diverter valve lever moved up and down when switching the boiler on and that appears to be operating correctly. When I told him about the pump spraying when opening the bleed screw he told me the pump is goosed.

Does this sound correct? Should the hot water work correctly if the pump isn't working to push primary water around the secondary exchanger?

I'm a commercial engineer thats been put through domestic fairly recently. So trying to find my way and confidence with these new (to me) appliances

Thanks for any help

Sorry Davey,

We don't answer questions like this in open forum.

Please increase your post count to 10+ then send a message to [email protected] with an image of your gsr card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to greenstar junior 28i heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock