Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar heatslave external 26/32 not starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Recently moved a radiator so drained the system to do this. I turned the power off on the boiler. 4 hrs later refilled the system and re-pressureised the boiler. Turned the power back on, circulating pump starts and then a minute or so later the burner fan starts. Fan keeps running for several minutes but no ignition. Also during this period lockout illuminates for a second then goes off for five and then back on. No led lights showing on burner reset button. All resets OK. Oil flow OK. Photo cell changed. 50v on white wire from fan motor. Had no heating for 5 days now and the engineer can't look at it for another 5 days. Has anyone any ideas. Don't have alot of cash to play with so can't risk getting the wrong item.
Thanks

Check the basics.
Do you definitely have oil in the tank?
Are the valves open on the oil feed?
Was anything else disturbed?
Don’t be tempted to keep trying to light it over and over again...you could damage the pump.

Beyond that I can’t think of anything else you should attempt on your own.
5 days is a long time to wait without heating. Have you known your heating engineer for a while? Seems harsh that he (or she) couldn’t call by and see if it’s a quick fix.
When was it last serviced?

Reply to Greenstar heatslave external 26/32 not starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm water is pooling in the base of the unit. Can't see an obvious leak and all the components are dry. I'm guessing it's the thermal store leaking. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi all We have a Vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi which we found powered off a few days ago. Turns out the 2a glass fuse on the PCB had gone. Replaced and it turns back on but as soon as you start the hot water or heating, it pops again within a few seconds I have looked as the pump and can...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock