Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar heatslave 2 query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am looking to fit a central heating system to my home which has none at present. I like the look of the greenstar heatslave 2 external oil combi.
I would like to manage room heating with TRV’s and the Bosch easycontrol smart System.
I am struggling to find anything definitive from Bosch that says the are compatible.

Are they?

the aim is to get a heating system which will operate normally for winter. Then in spring and autumn can be set up to just keep the chill off the kids bedrooms. And to be controlled remotely by an app would be really great.

Personally I would only use such a system when retro fitting an existing heating system. When starting from scratch then I would just be zoning. Use internet enabled controls if required.

How many bedrooms and bathrooms?

I've had a look at the system you mentioned. Please be aware to achieve what you want you would need both the smart TRV and smart thermostat in each zone. I cant see anywhere whether its compatible or not, I suggest contacting them directly if you want to know, although this being worcester they'd probably say no.
If you're adamant of such a system have a look a Honeywell Evohome, pricey yes but I know a number of engineers who swear by it.
Alternatively have you considered a system with weather compensation?

Thanks for the advice.

my house has two kids bedroom and the the bathroom downstairs which need heating in shoulder seasons and then the other rooms heating in winter which are an open plan upstairs 60m2, then our adult bedroom, and large long hallway 2m wide by 15m length downstairs. I’m thinking of giving up with the smart element and just fitting TRVs in the bedrooms. Or perhaps working on Having two zones what do you think?

Phoned Worcester Bosch and they are developing a smart system for external oil boilers but have nothing at the moment. They said use hive or nest. Same story from grant.

I Haven’t read into the weather compensation yet is this something important for me? I imagine especially so as our house is black and poorly insulated so gets hot very quickly when the sun comes out.

Weather compensation is common on gas boilers but starting to come around in the oil side.
Weather compensation affectively limits the flow temperature coming away from the boiler. In warmer times of the year it takes less fuel/lower temperatures for the radiator to heat up the room to desired temperature as the outside temperature is already a bit warmer. Boilers/systems without such technology will fire at maximum rate all the time, increasing fuel usage and cycling of the burner.
I'm not an installer, so am not really familiar with these systems as much as I'd like to be, however if you're installing new and want a perfect system then its something you can look into and discuss with firms who quote.

Reply to Greenstar heatslave 2 query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old. The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for the central heating to come on. Most of the time the boiler light will come on, the boiler might fire up for a couple of seconds then the light will...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st question from a newbie. I've had a search & can't find a thread on this. I have a worcester bosch greenstar boiler with 17 rads. I have a EasyControl with 14 of the rads having Bosch eTRVS. I do not use the weather compensation settings. I have a couple of queries if anyone has set up a...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
hi i have a heatslave 12/14 boiler which the other day produced a small amount of black smoke on start up but worked fine today the boiler is running all of the time i have noticed that if i put my hand in front of the flue its as good as cold, luke warm and if i turn the water right down on the...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock