Search the forum,

Discuss GREENSTAR 25i GAS CONDENSING BOILER in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had the above boiler fitted, and my gas fitter has just gone away on holiday. I,ve noticed that the pump ( i assume) seems to keep operating every so often even though i,ve turn the CH down to minimum and all the TRV,s off.
I,m awaiting an MT10 programmer as the one i had was no good , but whether this has something to do with the problem, i don,t know?
Any advice please

It's probably running for your hot water press and hold eco until it turns green and see if that stops it.

Are you just having an MT10 as that's not to regs anymore.
Shows PREHEAT, but still does it.
With regard to programmer, the plumber who first quoted told me boiler would work fine with just the MT10 (IS THIS TRUE?)
However he did not contact me again,and guy who fitted it said regs require a new system, but he was prepared to fit it on a temporary basis as he was off on holiday for 2 weeks , MT10 i had purchased was damaged.

Yes pre heat will turn the boiler on when the hot water inside the boiler cools

If you want to turn this off will say how to in the manual

Eg press eco until you see eco on the screen or preheat go off

You need a controller that meets ‘boiler plus’ requirements to comply with building regulations.
Just a mechanical time clock is not good enough

Yes pre heat will turn the boiler on when the hot water inside the boiler cools

If you want to turn this off will say how to in the manual

Eg press eco until you see eco on the screen or preheat go off
Yes turned Preheat off again, still doing it so i guess its just a fault. As boiler only fitted for 2 days probably have to get Bosch to look at it. The boiler does,nt fire up when it happens, but noise is annoying as its in a bedroom.
[automerge]1567258612[/automerge]
You need a controller that meets ‘boiler plus’ requirements to comply with building regulations.
Yes i thought this came out in 2018,so think he was a bit out of touch.

Any pictures of the boiler/display when it makes the noise?

Depends if he’s in Wales not required to comply with boiler plus yet

No but display does not change, just showers Radiator symbol,Temperature and Eco symbols. Does not fire up or alter display in anyway.

The radiator symbol is on because you have no form of control. The old style combis used to turn off if you set them to minimum not sure of the new ones.

Even if you dont have to comply with boiler plus surely you would still have to have a room stat installed or are the Welsh about 10 years behind :oops:

The radiator symbol is on because you have no form of control. The old style combis used to turn off if you set them to minimum not sure of the new ones.

Even if you dont have to comply with boiler plus surely you would still have to have a room stat installed or are the Welsh about 10 years behind :oops:

Like anything depends how much the op has paid

At the min should have time and temp control

Sounds like he has supplied the materials and didn’t get one

Like anything depends how much the op has paid

At the min should have time and temp control

Exactly the mt10 Is just a programmer so not to regs. This is why everybody who does the job correctly looks expensive as others cut corners.

Sounds like he has supplied the materials and didn’t get one

Installer should refuse to sign it off until it is up to regs. I know it's a bit excessive just for a room stat but as I said above if we do things right it costs more and we look expensive.

If it hasn't got a room stat what else has it not got? Scale reducer? Shock arrestor?

The heating is on. There’s no way of turning it off without a time/temperature control. Your installer could have disabled the heating if he knew what he was doing.

The heating is on. There’s no way of turning it off without a time/temperature control. Your installer could have disabled the heating if he knew what he was doing.
You are quite right, because my programmer and MT10, were broken and the gas plumber could not fit them the boiler kept trying to fire up without the installation of anything. Even the WB engineer did not know how to disable the heating without a programmer of any kind or that the new boilers do this as they are pre- programmed to. I supplied boiler and flue as i have a friend in WB, but plumber was to supply programmer. Have now got WB to supply and fit full programmer system and works fine now.

If the worcester engineer doesnt know how to disconnect the heating then he should be sacked or retrained. It's a 20 second job and involves 2 screwdrivers.

If the worcester engineer doesnt know how to disconnect the heating then he should be sacked or retrained. It's a 20 second job and involves 2 screwdrivers.

How by turning the valves off underneath?

Reply to GREENSTAR 25i GAS CONDENSING BOILER in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock