Search the forum,

Discuss Green star exchanger noise in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Green star oil combi heat exchanger noise day and night water whooshing /gurgling

That'll be the water, how old? Any recent works? What's the pressure gauge showing?
Absolute pile of dog excrement those boilers.

From the description, it sounds like air trapped in the boiler. If so, needs purging and/or a new AAV. Not a DIY job IMO. At 5YO, it's probably still under warranty. If so, call Bosch (or your installer) and they should fix it for free.

The AAVs in Worcester boilers of the same age as yours seem to be a bit troublesome.

Reply to Green star exchanger noise in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
S
Got a Worcester green star 28i junior that was blowing off, replaced PRV now it won’t pressurise at all, just fills for a few minutes then blows out the PRV, heating and hot water still work if system not over filled. If bypass is shut boiler overheats and cuts out, thinking it’s the heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock