Search the forum,

Discuss Green deal installs - PAS2030 or Subbie-ing.. your views? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul - PDS

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Been to 2 boiler breakdowns today and instead of having themrepaired they have decided to go for a free boiler with this green dealscheme.. driving me mad!

For me it seems installs have dried up a bit since this hascome on the scene and I’ve been pondering whether to go for the PAS2030 butheard it’s a lot of hassle and I’m best off sub-contracting, what are yourviews?
Looks like it’s here to stay and it’s the only way to expanda heating business these days!

Cheers

Paul

Also.. does anyone find it difficult to type on the forum? My keys don't always work so I have to copy and paste from outlook?! Very annoying, maybe it's me :/

Hi Paul

Green deal has been miles undersubscribed. The numbers are so low that it can't possibly be affecting ordinary business.

ECO has had a much better take up, but that is set to slow down, as they are now trying to spread the same amount of money over a longer time period. And it only affects low income households, who were probably not your finest prospects anyway.

FWIW, I would never configure my business to fit a government scheme. By all means, take advantage of what is on offer, but I have seen so many come and go over the years that I am a bit cynical.

Also.. does anyone find it difficult to type on the forum? My keys don't always work so I have to copy and paste from outlook?! Very annoying, maybe it's me :/

Happens to me as well, fine on other forums but not this one
Can take ages to reply to a thread, so I usually give up unless I look at the screen after typing each letter (like now!)
This just took me 4 mins to reply

Happens to me as well, fine on other forums but not this one
Can take ages to reply to a thread, so I usually give up unless I look at the screen after typing each letter (like now!)
This just took me 4 mins to reply

You using Internet Explorer? Doesn't like this forum for some reason.

Also because you're new your posts are held in a queue until a mod or admin approves them..

We had a massive spam attack a short while ago and have had to temporarily hold new posts for a while.

Paul,

We have loads of ECO Work, Private Boilers etc. on We areP AS2030 Green Deal Accredited, we do all the headache paperwork, leaving our subcontractor Heating Engineers to simply Install Boilers. We pay weekly not monthly,Interested Email us a CV on here, Boiler Installs next week.Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green deal installs - PAS2030 or Subbie-ing.. your views? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock