Search the forum,

Discuss Green colour inside copper pipes safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have just changed my kitchen sink tap and this involved cutting the copper pipes under the sink. I noticed a green colour inside the pipes. When I wiped it with a tissue, the tissue became green.

Since this is the main house tap and we drink from it, I was wondering if the green colour was normal and is it getting into my drinking water?

Regards.

Reply to Green colour inside copper pipes safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just moved into an 18 month old property, and under the sink there is green on the copper pipes, it that normal?
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under the plug hole, quite thick. I jabbed it hard with a stick and it completely dislodged and got sent down the pipes. I tried the taps again and the...
Replies
Views
How safe are flexi pipes my toilet cistern has one it was changed about a year ago when the toilet was removed for some work to the bathroom floor. However would it be better if replaced with copper pipe. What is the life time of flexi pipes, has any one had experience of them failing.
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice please. I have a rental shepherds hut with an outdoor copper bath. I expect to close down for winter when the weather gets very cold. The majority of the piping is blue mdpe which is lagged. But where it joins the tap it's copper. I have lagged what...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock