Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity or mains fed shower? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m replacing my faulty old mains fed electric shower (Mira Sport Max 10.8kW) and am considering going for a pumped, gravity fed electric shower (such as the Mira Elite SE Dual Pumped Electric Shower 9.8kW). The mains pressure sometimes drops enough for the low-flow cut-out to operate or the water is just too hot. In terms of flow rate, can anybody advise please weather it’s best to go for the pumped gravity shower or stick with the mains fed shower (probably another Mira Sport Max 10.8kW)? I would imagine the pumped shower won’t be as good as a proper pumped power shower, some reviews say that the pump in the Mira Elite SE isn’t really powerful enough. Is that true?

Sorry no knowledge of Elite SE and its pump but it is designed to be fitted to a dedicated cold pipe from a storage cistern (tank), so you would have to disconnect the existing pipe from the main, empty and drill your tank and connect the new pipe. It can't be connected to an existing cold pipe from the tank either because turning on a tap could rob it of water. https://resources.kohler.com/plumbing/mira/pdf/1383572-w2-c-mira-elite-se-installation-manual.pdf
Maybe you've planned for that?

Reply to Gravity or mains fed shower? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock