Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, i have a customer who has been having their part2 float valves in the loft changed every two years. I thought this excessive so did some investigating.
Have found that the bath shower mixer is on cold main and gravity hot. When customer put this on thw vent pipe let water into the tank. Has anyone ever put a non return valve on a gravity pipe? Its the only option i can see to stop the cold going back into the hot but im worried it will restrict the flow too much

Yes on the bath pipe or switch the system to equal pressures eg unvented / pump

I wouldn't put a non return valve on in this situation.
I would put a pressure reducing valve in the cold feed to the mixer - if possible

Not a nrv on vent but could put one on hot feed to shower
[automerge]1569325665[/automerge]
Or tank feed to cold side?

1.0 Its illegal to put a non return valve on the vent pipe itself for obvious reasons.
2.0 You can put a non-return valve on the hot feed to a shower but if you do a 22mm single check valve is the one to go for (not a 15mm nrv or a double check)
3.0 You can boost the hot with a pump to overcome the mains pressure.

I wont be putting anything on the vent.
My reason for the nrv on hot is easiest and cheapest option. Customer wont want to get involved with pumps ans re directing pipes.

Reply to Gravity hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock