Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Vortex Combi 21e no central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've recently put some heating/hot water pipes into the floor as there were exposed previously. On refit of the pipes i've gone to test the boiler functionality however, the central heating won't fire.

The hot water works perfectly.

There is no CH light on the boiler and the return pipe warms up slightly however, there is no hot water on the supply side and the pump doesn't run. If i've accidentally switched the pipes over would this cause this issue?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

If theres no central heating demand light then it's not getting a signal to run central heating.
If theres no central heating demand light then it's not getting a signal to run central heating.
Hi Simon,

I've just wired in a brand new thermostat and four new wires directly into the boiler to test if there's a fault with the thermostat/wiring. The fault still remains.

Is there another way of testing whether the boiler is getting a signal to run the central heating?

Thanks

If you have a multimeter and are competent to use it check if you have a live feed on 6 (heating pump )
If your boiler is feed by a 5 pin plug check you actually have a live feed on heating feed.
It is known for circuit board to fail on heating side particularly if water has somehow got in (not enough care when venting heating pump usually)

Last edited:
Hi.....I experienced same issue.........I called out the Grant engineer who explained to me,.......
The Grant Combi oil boiler is hot water priority......when the boiler starts, it will run with hot water only, until the hot water supply is up to temperature. Then the heating kicks in.
So wait and iot will work, after 5 minutes or so.

Reply to Grant Vortex Combi 21e no central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
R
Evening everyone, We've been having some issues with hot water coming from our Grant Vortex 21 boiler (external, oil fired, no cylinder) Water has been getting progressively colder over the past couple of months to the point where the little one struggles to have a bath. The hot water pressure...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with my Grant Vortex internal combi boiler. Specifically the electrical side. Everything was working fine (with a dual channel Hive system) but then the central hearing stopped working. When looking it seemed like there were a number of loose contacts as when we moved the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock