Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Spira Condensing Pellet Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Anyone got experience of these?

We've been looking for a quality pellet boiler at lower cost than the ETA's that we normally install.

We have 'value' offerings from a well established UK company with a good reputation, however it isn't a 'name'

The advantage of this - it comes with a brand, are they built by grant? Rebadged? Made where?

Do they have any particular issues?

I don't particularly like the type of burn back protection that tends to proliferate in this price range, though some other aspects of it look quite good for the price.

Comments please :)

It's made by grant
It's a condensing pellet boiler
Limited on size it you want bigger it's 2 boilers ect
They say they work better going direct into heating not into a buffer

I've footed a few they are good enough
In same league as eta I don't think so

I fitted a hapero it was a great bit of kit and I would put that above the eta

6eabaec11c3d5269da056579fa6f3ad1.jpg

I'm seriously intrigued by this, Alex.

How does the condense pipework not clog up?

There is a mains supply on a solenoid valve it washes itself out every so many hours
Flushes out the condensate trap

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, so it fits in that gap below Eta which is fine, as going forward not all our clients want to spend that much capital.

We're off to Devizes for a half a days training soon (having met us and seen our work, they claimed we don't need the two days like everyone else :) - We'll take a full day from them though, as to cover all the fault finding and service items properly will take a bit longer than an hour.

@Gray0689 Interesting way to mount an expansion vessel, hope they're strong anchor bolts on that for when the bladder / valve fails, not just a bit of pasterboard :)

Yep they're insistent that it doesn't NEED a buffer, though did acknowledge that it could be even more efficient with one - they claim 92% without on.

And yes it does condense, apparently uses the same condenser as their oil boiler range.

Iv seen the plastic pipe melted where it caught fire as it goes into the burner! Only a basic overheat stat on the hopper feed, it needed new o/h stat & plastic pipe etc... That was an early model, maybe improved now!

That's the purpose of the plastic pipe - it's supposed to melt as part of the burn back protection :)

Not as sophisticated as ETA's gate feed which cannot burn back.

It's a common and accepted burn back protection method, not one I'm a bog fan of though.

Would I fit one in my own house
The answer is NO
There not easy on pellets
They tell to have problems with pellets sticking in feed tube
For the price range there is better on market

Lol they say that to everyone about training

Yes 3 knock in anchor bolts 10mm rod and locking nuts the wall will fall first lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Spira Condensing Pellet Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock