Search the forum,

Discuss Grant 50-70 Kerosene Leak in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks,
Disclaimer up front, I'd normally call in a professional for something like this but in the current climate DIY may be my only option. Our regular plumber, understandably, wont be calling to the house any time soon.
Our heating runs off of a Grant 50-70 + RDB2.2 at the back of the house. Theres a kerosene leak, very obvious with the smell of fuel plus the wet concrete around the base of the Grant unit.
I've inspected the burner, no obvious leakers there. Bone dry.
The flue end looks to be where the fuel is leaking. Going by the plastic staining in there the fuel leak is coming from further inside the unit. Is this a common fault and is it something I should attempt to fix?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

Fuel leak is clearly an Urgent job. Phone your local service companies. Most are doing urgent call-outs. Where are you? Someone on here may be able to help. I would suggest you don’t try fix it yourself. If it’s a pump seal, then you could make it worse.

Where did you say the fuel was leaking? At flue?
As above it needs rectifying so is essential works.
If the pump shaft seal has gone you often wont be able to see it yourself but is a common problem and could cause damage to the motor.

Reply to Grant 50-70 Kerosene Leak in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock