Search the forum,

Discuss Government funded boilers.. How do I get on this as a installer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Morning all I am 3 weeks away from completing my gas safe training.
Wondering if anyone knows much about this government funded boiler scheme?
how do I qualify as a installer, how do I apply, is it worth it?

Oh ok thanks for the heads up,
Just out of interest what makes you say it's not worth it?

It costs to much to jump through the hoops the government wants, PAS 2030 etc

If you're into boiler bashing then it's the right thing for you. You are not required to fit modulating controls etc which really makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Our firm does it. 6 installers on it. 6 office staff running it.
It pays bills but not much else.
Your audited very tightly and have to abide by regs that aren't part of mi. Some are commercial regs which the funding provider wants.
Or.
Cos they're idiots.

Lag the gas pipe anyone?!!!!

Our firm does it. 6 installers on it. 6 office staff running it.
It pays bills but not much else.
Your audited very tightly and have to abide by regs that aren't part of mi. Some are commercial regs which the funding provider wants.
Or.
Cos they're idiots.

Lag the gas pipe anyone?!!!!

That's SOP for my Apprentice, loves to lag the Gas pipe!!

I've seem a few gas pipes lagged recently and it baffles me why it been done, just presumed it was the house owner lagging all the pipes and probably unsure which is which

I had a customer try to with hold payment because I said I'd lagg pipes in the loft, when I didn't lagg the gas main he said I'm not paying as I haven't lagged it lol So I got some of that silver rokwool lagging off a mate & lagged it with that. Soon shut him up lol

It's miscommunication. But as soon as it slips in to the neccasary work. It has to be done or you don't recieve the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Government funded boilers.. How do I get on this as a installer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock