Search the forum,

Discuss Got called back because of gas paste...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Just a quick one,

Returned to the ideal Mexico I service yesterday just to double check it was working okay, and upon my arrival I was told "it's stinks of fumes".

My bum twitched a bit, anyway I went back into the room and there was a strong smell.....of gas paste. I always use gas paste on unions or compression joints I disturb, so it stunk of the stuff.
Obviously it will go in a few days but I was bricking it thinking I had done a major boo boo.

Anyway else got any similar stories!?

got a call back to a place "major flood" was abso brickin myself because I changed the building from storage to mains, upon arrival there was a large puddle on the floor but it had seeped through to the ceiling below and ruined the new carpets. Turns out RWP was blocked and their was a sink tee'n into the RWP, so it overflowed from the sink and flooded the place, wasnt my fault at all but got the job to unlock the RWP:cool:

Serviced a boiler one day in a house, went back to a neighbouring property to carry out work to find out the person next door had died since my boiler service.. had a runny bottom until I found out they had died of natural causes.

upon arrival there was a large puddle on the floor :

Think you will find I have lost a few pounds since than !!!

Been called back at night to lift floorboards again to allow the cat out that had been meowing for a few hours,lifted boards and cat popped out,thought customer would be happy but looked shocked,was not her cat!!! all a little confused,lifted a few more boards and out popped another cat,this time it was hers

..........So popped the other cat back under boards and left..... not really,put it in the wheelie bin outside
;):)

there was a strong smell.....of gas paste.

Tip for all you young guys.
Boss white kills the smell of ALL perfumes. Wee dab behind the ears before you get home, Bob's yer uncle :eek:

got a call back to a place "major flood" was abso brickin myself because I changed the building from storage to mains, upon arrival there was a large puddle on the floor but it had seeped through to the ceiling below and ruined the new carpets. Turns out RWP was blocked and their was a sink tee'n into the RWP, so it overflowed from the sink and flooded the place, wasnt my fault at all but got the job to unlock the RWP:cool:

Few years back i did the maintainance work for Levis factories before they shipped out to Hungary or wherever.
Call as above was a goldmine. Great what a bottle of blue label will get you from the cleaners:eek:;)

Think you will find I have lost a few pounds since than !!!

Been called back at night to lift floorboards again to allow the cat out that had been meowing for a few hours,lifted boards and cat popped out,thought customer would be happy but looked shocked,was not her cat!!! all a little confused,lifted a few more boards and out popped another cat,this time it was hers

..........So popped the other cat back under boards and left..... not really,put it in the wheelie bin outside
;):)

This will be a long one........

Working in a house years back and we were done and relaying the carpets and putting all the heavy furniture back
After they were down we had a couple of things still to do but put the kettle on for a wee cuppa. The cust was out at the time.
We were standing having our tea when Billy noticed a bump in the lounge carpet so i thinking it was a bump on the underlay, walked over and hammered it flat. Sorted.
When i was walking back to the kitchen i noticed the bird cage, empty with the door open!
Says i "where is the burd"?
Billy says "dunno! i saw it yesterday. It was a green wan".
"Don't tell me i've nailed it under the carpet?"
"Awe jeez, the old dear will go off her head!"
So i ran down the town and found a pet shop and bought a green budgie, took it back and put it in the cage and shut the door.
We were all done and tidy when the old dear came back in. explained how it all worked and was taking the tools to the van when we heard her let out a scream.
We ran through to the lounge and asked what was up?
She said
Joey was dead in his cage this morning so i put him in the bin. He is back!!!!!!

What can i say:eek::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Got called back because of gas paste...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock