Search the forum,

Discuss Gorgeous and pricey but... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
could they supercede my Knipex vice grips? As Madonna used to say, please justify my love...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np_Y740aReI&ab_channel=Madonna

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBTapbM66o&ab_channel=THEGIOIMOIJSC

Nah, agree with Simon, plus I don’t need them, already have Knipex flats, cobra and alligator, and x2 adjustables and that’s just in my main toolbox. Still have my “footys” as well for the “just in case” 🤣 also my other adjustables purchased. Ive spent quite a bit on tools over the years

The real question is how many tools can be realistically carried and will this entirely replace another tool, or is it just one more thing?

The real question is how many tools can be realistically carried and will this entirely replace another tool, or is it just one more thing?
I found by buying the wera servicing kit and 1/4 drive kit kit I could carry less spanner in my service breakdown bag

What a coincidence, I was looking at these a few days ago and wondered if they had one which would do both 15mm/22mm compression nuts.

I measured a 15mm nut and it came out at 23mm, 22mm nut measured 31mm.

The XXL Joker is listed as 24mm-32mm, so I was disappointed that it was a mm out.

I emailed Wera to confirm.

They replied yesterday with this:

“Hi

Thank you for your email and apologies that it has taken a few days to respond. I wanted to check with my colleagues in Germany so I don’t give you incorrect information!!!

As a standard, a 15mm compression nut would require a 24mm spanner, and 22mm compression nut a 32mm spanner.
We are aware that compression nuts for 15mm pipe can vary slightly these days with so many different manufacturers out there. The XXL should work for these and all sizes in between.
A 22mm compression fitting can also vary slightly as far as 30mm, but this is also catered for with the 6004’s self-setting feature.

Hopefully this puts your mind at rest that the XXL Joker will do the job you need.”

Anyways, that’s all, thought it may be of interest to some.

Just an update to this. So I got the xxl version so they’d fit 15mm/22mm.

Not overly impressed. Spend most of the time in the tool box. The handle is too long for most jobs (I knew the length before hand).

I wouldn’t bother.

Just an update to this. So I got the xxl version so they’d fit 15mm/22mm.

Not overly impressed. Spend most of the time in the tool box. The handle is too long for most jobs (I knew the length before hand).

I wouldn’t bother.

Would it help if one cut the handle down with an angle grinder? I've done this before with other tools that were too large.

Would it help if one cut the handle down with an angle grinder? I've done this before with other tools that were too large.
I did plan on doing this but have never got round to it.

May help, but wish the jaws opened another couple of mm, as not all 22mm nuts are the same. A couple of times, the jaws didn’t fit and it prevent the ratcheting action.

Reply to Gorgeous and pricey but... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock