Search the forum,

Discuss Good Value Column Radiators - (milano windsor range ) Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we are currently trying to source radiators for a new build. We have found the Milano Windsor range on the best heating website. They seem to be about the only column rads in our budget range. Has anyone any experience of them?. We are a bit concerned about buying online. There is a similar priced range sold by Screwfix called Acova. Again I can't find any independent reviews. Your advice would be much appreciated.

It would be great to hear if anyone has any experience of these ranges.

Is there another range we should be looking at??

Thanks evildrporkchop that is good to know.

Any experience of Milano Windsor rads out there?

I have installed a few Milanos this year. No hassle at all, customers have all been delighted & they have come from BEST HEATING, very quick service & you can get extra discount if you place your order over the phone, just ask for the extra discount.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what tool to use for calculating BTU/KW output required?

Is the Best Heating radiator output estimations for each radiator reliable? I used their online tool and provisionally selected their rads to meet the total needed, but have since compared with other calc tools and found there is quite a difference.

The best heating calcs are alot lower so I am now nervous that my rads won't be up to the job.

I'd appreciate your thoughts....

Does anyone have any recommendations on what tool to use for calculating BTU/KW output required?

Is the Best Heating radiator output estimations for each radiator reliable? I used their online tool and provisionally selected their rads to meet the total needed, but have since compared with other calc tools and found there is quite a difference.

The best heating calcs are alot lower so I am now nervous that my rads won't be up to the job.

I'd appreciate your thoughts..

Hi

I fitted some Milano Aruba radiators about 5 years ago now from Best Heating as a result of a recommendation from a neighbour. I fitted a number of single panel and double panel they have been excellent radiators. All in the Anthracite finish which is really good, my neighbour had White but now prefers the Anthracite! The double panes are very heavy. Best Heating were a good company to deal with, the only issue they were delivered by courier company who aren't to careful how they handle them, two were damaged and had to be sent back. In fairness Best Heating changed them with out any problem but if you are on a tight time line it can be a pain and you need some one around to take possession of them /send any damaged ones back when they arrange collection. I would use them again and if you are a trader you can get better prices they kept phoning offering deals. Hope this helps

I've checked several BTU output calc tools but none state whether they are based on T30, 50, 60 or whatever.

So what figures do people use when shopping around for rads, especially when the tools give a big difference in output required.

I am considering Milan windsor rads with best heating.com so I used their online calculator but I am nervous that I will be well short on temp required. The further details give T30 & T50 BTU that are much lower than the headline BTU listed.

Update. bestheating.com have kindly confirmed that their BTU rating are based on T65.

Does anyone know what a typical operating system T is now for an oil fed boiler on a new build??

Reply to Good Value Column Radiators - (milano windsor range ) Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock