Search the forum,

Discuss Good morning all, has anyone come across this type of back boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

trying to identify this back boiler for safe removal?
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

I can't tell from photo.
If it is asbestos you are concerned over, get it tested. It doesn't cost much and it will not only give you peace of mind, it will also ensure you dispose of it correctly and will keep everyone safe.

thanks for taking time to view this i was hoping someone might recognize this, the fire basket appears to be attached to the boiler. removed 2 bolts either side front but the basket but will not move hence hoping it might get recognized and a method of removal.

From the photo it looks like a fire grate of some sort , caution should taken when it is removed is there a supply connected ?? It's hard to distinguish from the photos hoover out the grate if possible?. I removed a old gas one only this week . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20211207_111057592.jpg
    IMG_20211207_111057592.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211207_111514243.jpg
    IMG_20211207_111514243.jpg
    799.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20211207_111048519.jpg
    IMG_20211207_111048519.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 12

Reply to Good morning all, has anyone come across this type of back boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock