Search the forum,

Discuss Going Self-employed, advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

It may have changed but you couldn`t be SE and only work for one company before and the employer can`t insist anything other than to terminate your employment.

To be honest in real life they don't seem to do anything about it and actually more than that, I'd say HMRC are complicit in the spread of bogus self employment as they have the powers to clamp down on it but refuse to do so.

Had a mate who worked for years on a contract for a a firm that subcontracted to one of the big delivery firms. His boss turned round to all of the drivers a couple of years back and gave them the option of either going self employed or loosing their work altogether. This fails every one of the HMRC's self employment tests and is a dodge so the boss doesn't have to pay employers NI, pension contributions... both my mate and a number of other drivers have informed the HMRC and they refuse to do anything about it.

Sorry rant over, on a more helpful note, here is a checklist that can act as I guide to determine if you would be genuinely self employed or not:

Employment status checklist - RossMartin.co.uk/

Reply to Going Self-employed, advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock