Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm Micron 40FF problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have a Glowworm Micron 40FF and it fires up ok but then trips out after a little while with the two LEDs alternately flashing.

The thermistor value is ok and the OH stat switch is closed

The manual says this is a software sequence error so I thought it was a PCB fault

However I have now replaced the PCB and I have the same fault

Before I replaced the PCB the fault changed - I could hear sparking but there was no mains to the gas valve. Then that problem cleared and I was back with the flashing lights

Can anyone please help me with this

Regards

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

It is not a difficult repair, but to access that area of the boiler you will need a professional engineer to undertake it.

Hope this helps.

There are rules that must be upheld by the forum regarding gas advice. Are you a registered professional gas engineer? If not, unfortunately, we are unable to assist with your post. If you are please contact a site administrator or mod with registration details. Can help you out then.

If your engineer needs cheaper parts then there is Ignite Heat Spares who sell well reconditioned parts at a fraction of new ones, often the rewinds and pcb are better than new ....I know they do Gloworm FF as I have used them in the past
centralheatking

Have you checked the Pump / how old ?

If that is the case mate. Are you a professional registered engineer? If you are not. You legally cannot work on the boiler as the casing forms an integral seal.

Reply to Glowworm Micron 40FF problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock