Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm Flexicom 12hx error codes. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me on this one. I have a Glowworm Flexicom 12hx boiler, currently getting two different error codes (F25 and F22). Landlord believes the boiler has lost pressure and needs topping up, but I have no way of checking the boiler pressure - no dial and no on screen display for it. Boiler only displays temperature which leads me to believe it’s a heat only system? I’m not sure.

Recently had a baby & surgery so need hot water ASAP really but not having any joy! Any tips or thoughts on how best to tackle it?

Attachments

• 0F5996ED-213D-4646-80C7-97D8637030DC.jpeg
    0F5996ED-213D-4646-80C7-97D8637030DC.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2EDE0290-03E4-44CE-8186-3817F5EEB3BF.jpeg
    2EDE0290-03E4-44CE-8186-3817F5EEB3BF.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 16
You need to find the filling loop. Look for two valves connected by a silver braided hose.

Open both valves for 5 secs and listen for the water going in. Then shut valves and check on boiler. You may need to reset boiler.

I’d look for the filling loop near your hot water cylinder if it’s not near the boiler.

Fill to 1-1.25 bar max

It may just have the braided hose with isolating valves and may also have the PRV & pressure gauge if no pressure indication on the boiler front.

Attachments

• Filling Loop.png
    Filling Loop.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Filling PRV.jpg
    Filling PRV.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 14
Can you switch on the immersion heater for hot water until it’s fixed?

Try as I might, I still cannot locate a filling loop! Checked in my airing cupboard, under the boiler, above the boiler and nothing - no valves I can see that would be obvious to me :/
I have attached some pictures in hope someone sees something I don’t lol

Attachments

• 710CFFD7-93DE-459F-B414-9BD0DCCC4754.jpeg
    710CFFD7-93DE-459F-B414-9BD0DCCC4754.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 26B31BF3-84D4-4020-BD9F-B3979A6D46A7.jpeg
    26B31BF3-84D4-4020-BD9F-B3979A6D46A7.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3CBACE1F-6DE2-47C8-91AB-87347D030A75.jpeg
    3CBACE1F-6DE2-47C8-91AB-87347D030A75.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 18
Looks like an open vent boiler.
check there is water in the small loft tank.

turn on the immersion for now.
Black bit on top of the cylinder with a white cable going to a switch on the wall

F22 is Low water pressure or ignition temperature rise too slow & F25 is Circulation fault so possible fault with circ pump even if water level OK, boiler probably checks for slight pressure rise when circ pump starts?.

F22 is Low water pressure or ignition temperature rise too slow & F25 is Circulation fault so possible fault with circ pump even if water level OK, boiler probably checks for slight pressure rise when circ pump starts?.

I think you might be on to something. The circulator next to the hot water tank doesn’t look like it’s on (no green lights). The body/head connection has been leaking, I bet it’s dead.

Can you turn heating/hot water on at programmer and check it the pump comes on? Makes a noise? Any green numbers?

Pump seems to be working ok, when the boiler is reset and starts to power up the pump turns on and there are numbers displayed as well as the speed bar. Both pipes connected to the pump are hot after too but by this time the boiler has powered down and shows the error codes

What is the pump model, also if its displaying W with a number before it (power in watts) what is it reading after it starts up?. Did you check for another small tank in the attic?.

Might it be the 3 port valve?

Or even trapped air - OP any work carried out recently?

If the pressure is OK then one might only expect fault F25 on pump fault, both F22 & F25 are up which may indicate low water level. One way or the other the filling method will have to be determined. In my estate when natural gas became available many years ago some changed over from OF to gas boiler, Bord Gas did most of these jobs and used Glowworm boilers, even though they sealed them; Bord Gas still utilised the F&E tank, they capped the boiler vent and installed a swing check valve in a horizontal section of the cold feed from the F&E tank to make the system known as semi-sealed, some of the boilers had a integral E.vessel, some were externally fitted, these systems have worked fine with some rads over 30 years old.
I have seen posts where the cold water storage tank (no F&E tank) is used in a similar manner (but obviously shouldn't)

Reply to Glowworm Flexicom 12hx error codes. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock