Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 30HXi condensate trap outflow speed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I inherited an LPG burning Glowworm 30HXi when I moved into my house some years ago.
Great little boiler but had been neglected. I cleared a lot of debris out of the heat exchanger and chamber at base, on top of the condensate trap.
I always flush several litres of water through the trap with annual service but water seems very slow to clear taking perhaps a minute to drain 300ml or so through trap.
Would like to take trap apart but does not seem possible without causing damage. Sealed cap at base, glued and fixed outflow pipe and not enough flexibility with inflow pipes.
Anyone any experience of these HXi traps? Just wondering if this has a problem or are they always this slow at draining water.

Not had a reply to my post.
Can anyone with experience of the Glowworm HXi boiler condensate trap confirm if the flow rate through the trap is a bit like an 80 year old man with a dodgy prostate?

Thank you.

Reply to Glowworm 30HXi condensate trap outflow speed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock