Search the forum,

Discuss GlowWorm 30 CXi gas test cap has fallen apart. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.

When I looked in the cupboard where our gas combi boiler is installed, I found a wee white plastic cap which had pretty much disintegrated. A search found it was the cap that's meant to seal off the flue test point - from which a nice breeze from outside was ensuing.

As it happened, I had fitted a CO alarm inside that cupboard as I thought that any flue leaks would show up in there first, and it has not gone off, so I guess this test outlet hasn't been allowing too much flue gas out?

Anyhoo, my question is - where can I find a replacement, please? I haven't found one for this specific boiler, but ones for other makes such as Vaillant look similar - are they identical? Oh yes, another Q, please - why does a tiny plastic cap which is clearly made from inadequate carp material cost in excess of £14?!

The boiler is around 14 years old, right enough, but does this suggest that other parts of the flue system are also disintegrating?!

SAM_0002 (2).JPG

Yes very similar, as they’re part of the same group (Vaillant/glow worm). Might not be the exact same cap though.

Thank you both.

Yes, boiler turned off until new cap obtained.

It's a different style to the one you linked to, Gasmk1 - it looks like part number 0020031334 with the two raised circular ridges on the top - see photo below.

Do you reckon the actual thread sizes are similar so are interchangeable? Cheers.SAM_0002 (3).JPG

Thanks everyone.

I should go for the similar-looking (with raised ridges) 0020031334 rather than the flat-topped 0020020502?

Reply to GlowWorm 30 CXi gas test cap has fallen apart. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock