Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 24cxi Timer / Clock fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan9

My Glow Worm 24CXi timer still rotates and displays the correct time but now the heating is not triggered by the the programmer. The boiler works as normal when you manually select the heating to come on and fires as normal when there is a demand for hot water.
It used to click when reaching the different timed on / off sections we had set, now it just ticks through without any noises and heating doesn't come on.

please help, so cold in the mornings!!

i think from what I've read, we can just change the outer clock timer, but any help would be great.

thanks for any help
Ryan

How long have you had boiler ? have you had a service ? May be an idea to so dont get any issues over the oncoming wintre

My Glow Worm 24CXi timer still rotates and displays the correct time but now the heating is not triggered by the the programmer. The boiler works as normal when you manually select the heating to come on and fires as normal when there is a demand for hot water.
It used to click when reaching the different timed on / off sections we had set, now it just ticks through without any noises and heating doesn't come on.

please help, so cold in the mornings!!

i think from what I've read, we can just change the outer clock timer, but any help would be great.

thanks for any help
Ryan

sounds like clock will need replacing not sure of price - cheaper way might be to put boiler on constant and fit external programmable room stat to the stat wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm 24cxi Timer / Clock fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The day before yesterday early morning (23rd of Jan) the temperature was very low, about -7C, so before that, I set timer to start CH for 6-8am to prevent the cold weather freezing the boiler. BUT, by 6:40am I woke up and didn't hear the pump noise. I went to see the timer which was not...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I live in a house with a Timeguard TRT036 timer which appears to not be working correctly…or I’m doing something wrong. I’ve followed all instructions for setting the clock and 7 day times on and off. However I should be able to override the times by setting to ‘Always on’. This seems...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms 1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat. 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock