Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 18HXi Reporting Error F13 (PCB Fault) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Problem with a GW 18HXi reporting error F13 (PCB Fault). I've replaced all the electrolytic capacitors on the PCB, many bulging with high ESR. After reassembly the fault remains. Swapped board with a known good one and the fault remains.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys. Messages received and understood.
A few questions:
The boiler is 10+ years old & i'm in Southampton.
Are all spare parts still available?
In what circumstance would repair not be viable?
For a service, diagnostics and possibly spare parts, what ball park, total price should i be looking at?
Many thanks

Hi All,

Problem with a GW 18HXi reporting error F13 (PCB Fault). I've replaced all the electrolytic capacitors on the PCB, many bulging with high ESR. After reassembly the fault remains. Swapped board with a known good one and the fault remains.

Any ideas?
Yeah right

Reply to Glowworm 18HXi Reporting Error F13 (PCB Fault) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've previously had an issue with my boiler pressure getting too high with the central heating on and needing a reset. I had a gas plumber come round and he swapped the expansion vessel. The pressure issue seems to be fixed but now there is another issue... When I turn the central...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW. Central heating recently began to occasionally fire up as normal and run until it reached temperature set by flow control thermostat at which point...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock