Search the forum,

Discuss Gloworm 15hxi wont stay lit ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello forum members thanks for the welcome.

This is my first post. I have a Gloworm 15hxi. Its been a really good reliable boiler. I am doing some decorating in a bedroom so had to take a radiator off. When I refilled the system again everything was ok overnight but the next day there had been a preasure drop. I thought maybe airlock so filled to 1.5bar again. Everything ok overnight. The next day preasure drop (blow 1bar) so did the same, filled up to 1.5bar. It happened again. So i did a few checks and found the 3bar expansion vessel relief valve was leaking. After fitting a new one everything was ok for a couple of days but then I get a F1 code. It goes through the cycle of igniting, through the window it ignites each time for a second or two but wont stay lit. I tried around 4 times, the same each time.

Could this be that the gas valve has gone bad or something else. I would appreciate your comments.

Reply to Gloworm 15hxi wont stay lit ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water from heating system as I could. Only one leg (3 legs downstairs) had valve which allowed me to flush water from radiators upstars, all of them. Only 3...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hello, This post is a continuation of my post of yesterday entitled Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher, BUT with an important change in information. In my previous post, I gave the sequence of events as follows: a) Fan starts running b) A few seconds later the green Flame LED lights up c) A...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock