Search the forum,

Discuss Gloworm 15hxi wont stay lit ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello forum members thanks for the welcome.

This is my first post. I have a Gloworm 15hxi. Its been a really good reliable boiler. I am doing some decorating in a bedroom so had to take a radiator off. When I refilled the system again everything was ok overnight but the next day there had been a preasure drop. I thought maybe airlock so filled to 1.5bar again. Everything ok overnight. The next day preasure drop (blow 1bar) so did the same, filled up to 1.5bar. It happened again. So i did a few checks and found the 3bar expansion vessel relief valve was leaking. After fitting a new one everything was ok for a couple of days but then I get a F1 code. It goes through the cycle of igniting, through the window it ignites each time for a second or two but wont stay lit. I tried around 4 times, the same each time.

Could this be that the gas valve has gone bad or something else. I would appreciate your comments.

Reply to Gloworm 15hxi wont stay lit ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock