Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm ultracom 30cxi ignition problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am new to the forum and as a new home owner have a rather basic understanding of central heating systems!

We have a main house and separate annexe which are supplied by two separate thermostats (Drayton digistat 2) which both run off the glow worm boiler. Without warning our heating did not turn on yesterday for the main house. The thermostat communicates with the receiver, there is an audible click and yet the heating does not turn on. I have tested the main house receiver on the annexe heating, which works without issue meaning it is unlikely to be a capacitor fault in the receiver as I have read that they are common. It also means that the boiler is firing without issue to heat that part of the annexe. I have attached a photo of our current set up. Using my limited knowledge I can only think that the fault lies within the tower control panel in between the receiver and the boiler, as the boiler is connected from the tower control panel by only one lead. Anyhow I shall upload the picture and hope that makes a bit more sense! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
Zone valve issue I would say

Zone valve issue I would say

Thank you for replying... Would a zone valve issue lead to the boiler not firing? As I have the receiver go green, the click and then no firing up. In my head if it was a zone valve the boiler would fire but there would be no flow as it would be stopped by the valve. But I am making it up as I go along! If you could explain that would be great! Thanks

Thank you for replying... Would a zone valve issue lead to the boiler not firing? As I have the receiver go green, the click and then no firing up. In my head if it was a zone valve the boiler would fire but there would be no flow as it would be stopped by the valve. But I am making it up as I go along! If you could explain that would be great! Thanks

zone valve is next in the sequence

receiver
Zone valve
Boiler

Agree with the lads above if one side of your system works but other side doesn’t would automatically look at your 2port, its not making the switch to run pump inside your combi to start the boilers
ignition sequence.

Sorry one late reply as I was away on holiday before attempting to fix - I had forgot to mention that although the heating is not working for the main house, the hot water has been fine. Would this still be consistent with a zone valve issue or would this make it unlikely? Thanks

Reply to Glow worm ultracom 30cxi ignition problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock