Search the forum,

Discuss glow worm ultracom 18hxi low flame problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

phil hair

Gas Engineer
hi, Im looking at a glow worm ultracom 18hxi that heats up to mid 70s/80s works for about 20 mins, then goes into low gas mode (one flame on display) and stays there for the rest of time. no heat in the water or rads.
I have changed a 3 way valve (which was jammed with the black stuff)
I then changed the pump (whos impeller fell apart when took head off)
the pump then started sucking air into system so turned it to low setting, worked ok for a day, then problem started again.
they tell me that they had it flushed a few months ago and a magna clean fitted.
if i reset it a few times it starts working fine?
im thinking pcb now, any ideas?

Reply to glow worm ultracom 18hxi low flame problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock