Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm protherm 40/50 ci behaving weird in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
Hi folks a letting agency boiler I've been asked to diagnose and repair the first visit the fans on but no sparking first thought was aps and the orange light on the pcb was also telling me so it's the pcb with the two fuse. So new aps fitted now I have the orange light to say aps proved and now sparking but now no fan working why this is with sparking this I can't work out as we all now it's fan on aps proved then sparking ..advice appreciated

Is a Protherm basically like an Ultimate?

If Fan isn't running but trying to spark either you've put the APS back incorrectly or a faulty board?

Mods can we move this to the GSR engineer section?

Yeah just like the ultimate I can only imagine the wiring on the aps that's giving continuity some how through the aps and sparking. Can't get the grey honeywell aps no more but now the white plastic type with no c/no/nc on it just 123 I'm sure I've wired it right but I could be wrong

Reply to Glow worm protherm 40/50 ci behaving weird in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I've got a quite old Glow Worm Ultimate 80FF. It recently had an issue with the control stat (lots of green corrosion on it which was causing it not to come on) and I fitted a new one and I'm back in business. Everything was fine for a few days and now it's just always on. We have...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Can I please have some professional opinion on our ongoing problems with our Glow-worm Fuelsaver mk11. Now I know the simplist answer will be "replace the boiler" but during these uncertain times it's not an option. We have a BG homecare policy and have now had 4 engineers working on...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a glow worm ultimate boiler (see pics) , we are new to the house but know it's around 20 years old, regularly serviced. Since last week we have had various issues: First the fuse blew, changed it. It then blew again and tripped all sockets. Changed to a 5amp. Hot water and heat...
Replies
Views
Hello all, new member, first post.... After some advice on a Glow Worm Flexicom 30hx boiler before I throw more money at it. It is having troubles lighting up when the temperature is below about 5°c. It tries to start as normal, fan runs and you hear a woompf as the gas ignites but it then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock