Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm Flexicom loop valve help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Yesterday I drained down my water system and when I went to re-pressure the sytem the fill loop valve is stuck and will not open. I have removed the handle grey handle and managed to use a spanner to turn it but still no joy. If I remove the silver hose and open other valve there is water flow.

Is there any way to re-pressure the system,

Can the silver hose be moved to the other side,

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 16
closed ok but won't open...a very simple mechanism so something physical has to be inside the pipe so as not to be able to rotate back...as this is improbable (it would have to be introduced) then the logical explanation is 1. turning the wrong way 2. The non-return element in working in both directions (impossible)

Hi All

Yesterday, found a place on line who were local to me ( Euro Bolier Parts | Largest Supplier of Boiler Spares in the UK (euroboilerparts.co.uk)) who had this in stock so went and picked up from them.

Removed the valve and could see it was physically opening. With it removed opened both valves but still no flow trough it. Replaced with a new part and before fitting opened up to verify and had flow through.

Fitted on to boiler and all done so now all back to normal.

Reply to Glow Worm Flexicom loop valve help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock