Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm boiler issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We have a glow worm ultimate boiler (see pics) , we are new to the house but know it's around 20 years old, regularly serviced.

Since last week we have had various issues:

First the fuse blew, changed it. It then blew again and tripped all sockets. Changed to a 5amp.

Hot water and heat usually on a timer, after this heating was not coming on at all. No problems with hot water.

Had a relative out (electician) who thought it may be the control panel not sending signals to the boiler properly to change from water to heat. We had diverter valve replaced around 3 months ago as that was faulty and had no problems after that, so doesnt seem to be that.

Heating then started coming on at random times. We've now today got no heating or hot water, control panel is on but boiler hasn't fired up at all.

Does this sound like a control panel issue?

Dont want to go getting a new one if it's not that.

Thanks in advance
20191126_190418.jpg

20191126_190444.jpg

You can get really well re conditioned electrical parts for these boilers at a fraction of the new ones from IGNite heat spares...replacement fans and pcbs I know and have used ignite often, for Gloworm ...use the schematic diagnostic at the back of the guide its really quite good. centralheatking

Sounds more like a control issue external to the boiler, rather than the boiler itself. It's probably best to get a 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' out to check everything over, and test what is happening.

If you think it's the clock your electrician should be able to check this quite easily.
Agree mate could be as simple as a loose wire recheck the wiring on the valve have you got 240v on the orange when calling for heat ?

Reply to Glow worm boiler issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Hi, looking for some advice. We have had an issue with our boiler of late and recently had a 3 port actuator replaced. What’s happening now is when we turn the water and heating on by the control panel the boiler cuts out after a couple of minutes. We opened the valve of the actuator and now...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock