Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm betcom 4. Making noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, replaced a combi swap a few months ago and customer has contacted me, saying sometimes when they open kitchen cold tap the boiler makes a noise but doesn't fire up?
I connected hot and cold correct way if your asking lol.

The mains pressure is very high could this be causing problems when kitchen cold tap is closed after it's been turned on? Back pressure?
I installed boiler to the mi.

There's isn't a pressure reducing valve in the house.. I'll try that? The old boiler never had this problem?M cheers

best get the manufacture out as pressure shouldnt effect it

I went to see it today. When you open a cold tap the pressure on boiler slighter rises with a noise?.
When tap is closed the pressure goes back to normal.
It's like a surge of pressure that is doing it? What if I put a shock arrestor on the cold pipe going into the boiler?

Did you check the filter on the cold water inlet, I assume the beta com has one... most boilers do

There's already a strainer on the cold supply going to the boiler. It's only 4 months old.

Reply to Glow worm betcom 4. Making noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock