Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm 30cxi - your opinions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shneld

Hi everybody!!!

I have had a quote for supply & fitting a new Glow Worm 30cxi.

I was originally going for a Worcester Bosh, but due to lack of cash I’m going for a cheaper Glow Worm.

I know people on here prefer Worcester or Villaint, I just wanted to get people opinions on this 30cxi.

Are they:-

VERY unreliable?

Reliable?

Noisy?

Efficient?

Etc etc

Just after your experiences with them.

The guy (friend of a friend) said he has fitted 4 in the past few months and had no issued with them.

BTW the price is £1300 this is for:-

Supply boiler
Fit boiler (easily accessible [bare] wall in kitchen)
Fit flue (includes flue extension kit, one bend [passing through existing penetration to external])
Extend gas supply along bare wall by 4M
Run condensate to nearby kitchen sink
Connect existing MW, HW, CH-F, Ch-R, (pipes need extending by 500mm, minial work)

Does £1300 seem to be in the right ball park?

Thanks

Lee

Never liked the cxi range myself, I've had a couple of burst main heat exchangers over the last few yrs. Too many 0-rings for my liking and I've never been very fond of boilers with plastic manifolds.

The price however is very fair IMHO

Plastic manifold. Dont like the sound of that.

What is the 'pre heat' feature?

Cheers

Plastic manifold. Dont like the sound of that.

What is the 'pre heat' feature?

Cheers

preheat means the chb will preheat a small amount hot water that is ready to come out the tap, this gives u the contiuous flow of hw almost straight away after the tap is opened. Chb's without the preheat function generally give hot and cold flashes of water before the main stream of heated water comes through the taps.

Eg.

Chb with preheat-open hot tap- small cold flash followed by continuous hw

chb with no preheat- open hot tap-small cold flash followed by small hot flash followed by another short cold flash and then continuous hw

ps I hope that makes sense, it does in my head lol

also there's nothing wrong with plastic manifolds, they're perfectly acceptable to use, it's just in my experience they give more problems than benefits

TBH
That price seems too cheap. What about flushing of the system?

my guess mates rates and no comeback not sure on price of parts total but that must be 1000.00 in parts

I would"nt do it for that price,the boilers approx £800. And it just so happens i was looking at one today that was playing up,getting g/worm out as its a few months old.

Last edited:
i would fit cameron diaz or demi moores for that price but no one else

tbh the install is fairly straight forward and hassle free. Its a complete new install so no flushing.

He is honoring the warranty as well.

As mentioned, fix boiler to wall, run flue through existing penetration right next to boiler, extend pipe work by 500mm and gas about 4M along a bare wall and run condensate to sink waste again easily accessible, approx 3M

Last edited by a moderator:
glowworm,ariston,ferrolli,ideal all tat and that price is way to cheap

I can only assume its mates rates, guy works for him self.

I had another quote for a Worstcer 37kw exact same install that was £1800, that was just from a local company.

tbh i dont like Worcesters to much plastic,but a far better choice than the glowshed

yeah know what your saying but this is my first house and it a realy wreck. Took it on as a challenge.

Does £1800 seem fair?

Thanks

£1800 is fair,tbo i would"nt do a boiler change for under that & i only fit vaillant boilers,domestic & commercial.

with glowworm what you save on the boiler install is made up by the price of their spares and you will need spares!

We look after 14,000 properties and i can say very rare to get a problem on a worcester yet glowworms are a daily problem.

Im going to get this guy to quote for a 30kw Worcester, If it aint too much more I may go fit a Worcester as I originally intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm 30cxi - your opinions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock