Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Unvented G3 Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anyone done the Gledhill G3 Course and if so what was it like? What was involved as I understand the passmark is 100%?

Last time I did mine which was the Vaillant course, it was a find the fault with the install section. No practical as such. Then the exam

Fergal

Personally I know of no 'practical' courses. All I've ever heard about are bums on seats to pass the exam. When you do it for the first time, that really doesn't give you any experience as such so when you are out on site installing it can be a bit daunting.

FWIW, in your shoes I'd be inclined to see if manufacturers offer courses and go on those. The likes of OSO, Megaflo etc. If you can, then you will learn about application and what they like to see as best practise which in turn will inform your own installation best practise.

Otherwise, it's a case of trying to work with people who do it on a regular basis to learn all the stuff you need to understand that is completely omitted from the examination process.

Fergal

Personally I know of no 'practical' courses. All I've ever heard about are bums on seats to pass the exam. When you do it for the first time, that really doesn't give you any experience as such so when you are out on site installing it can be a bit daunting.

FWIW, in your shoes I'd be inclined to see if manufacturers offer courses and go on those. The likes of OSO, Megaflo etc. If you can, then you will learn about application and what they like to see as best practise which in turn will inform your own installation best practise.

Otherwise, it's a case of trying to work with people who do it on a regular basis to learn all the stuff you need to understand that is completely omitted from the examination process.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking too. I'll probably start with gledhill then do one with Megaflow. As for actually fitting them, I agree, I'd rather tag along with someone for the first couple and then just take my time to make sure it's done right.

Not being rude fergal do you have a plumbing background?? As an example my old college wouldn’t allow people to sit the G3 that didn’t have their NVQ2 I know a lot of manufacturers will want confirmation of competency, it’s not just a money making exercise. They will not teach you to install or materials or wiring or that sort of thing. You are there to be safe and that’s it

Not being rude fergal do you have a plumbing background?? As an example my old college wouldn’t allow people to sit the G3 that didn’t have their NVQ2 I know a lot of manufacturers will want confirmation of competency, it’s not just a money making exercise. They will not teach you to install or materials or wiring or that sort of thing. You are there to be safe and that’s it

Yes Riley. I've been a bathroom fitter for the last 15 years. I've referred unvented in the past but it would probably work better for me if I get the G3 cert and just include it as part of the refit rather than working around someone else.

Then as long as you have a clue re piping heating systems and the necessary safety features then you should be golden

Yes, I have no problem with the actual plumbing aspect. I was just curious as to what was involved in a one day course given all of the warnings etc that come with G3 but thanks for all the help .

Reply to Gledhill Unvented G3 Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock