Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Torrent Immersion - Stuck element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taggartis

ive got an issue with an emersion heater whereas the element needs replacing. ive had a plumber in to remove it but it wont budge even with heat added. ive called another plumber and mentioned this but they all seem to think forcing it may buckle the tank. after googling the issue i read a post here involving cutting out the element.
Anyone good at getting these things out? Or cut one out before?
its a gledhill torrent boiler and im dreading the though of needing a replacement. Im in sunderland.
if anyone can offer any assisantance or advice id be very grateful.
Cheers

if its stuck solid then wacking it out can destroy the cyl, however make sure your plumber gives it a go with the cyl still full to absorb the beating. if all else fails stitch out the immersion with a drill and you may get lucky, but all the time spent trying may be better spent on a new cyl in the short term.

how much am i looking at for a new cylinder fitted? 210ltr

gledhill torrents arent cheap.
there are cheaper alternatives. speak to your plumber.

p.s i havent come across an element yet that i couldnt get out with heat and a pair of 24inch stillsons. that said there is still a risk of damaging the cylinder

p.s where abouts are you based? perhaps one of our members is local to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill Torrent Immersion - Stuck element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock