Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Torrent Direct T210 DE problems! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

r0b

Hi,

I moved into a flat which has the following "Gledhill Torrent Direct T210 DE" thermal storage store to provide hot water:

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/g...ledhill-torrent-installation-instructions.pdf

I've been plagued with issues for the last 8 months.

The most of the problems are related to the integrated expansion tank which has a problem with the ball valve mechanism to control the water entering the tank.

It's been replaced/fixed three times. Every time it has problems it causes water to go out via the overflow pipe.......the bad thing is the overflow pipe isn't that great and causes water to leak into the flat below.

The last time it went....it was so bad it quickly filled up the tank and was overflowing from the top.

What can be causing it? I live in a hard water area and this could be the cause but for the same issue to happen twice more there must be something more that is causing it....

The water pressure is quite high but it's the same for the other 30/40 flats and it doesn't seem like anyone else is having problems.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Hi,could it be the stored water getting too hot and expanding back up into the feed cistern ? rather than problems trying to control the flow of water coming into the cistern ?

The ball valve mechanism seems to be knackered. Could the water getting too hot expanding up have caused this? i.e so much water coming back up that it's pushing the mechanism up too far,it's only a small fragile arm.

How can I check the temperature of the water in the tank?

Is the water level in the expansion tank set to high ?

Could also be a small hole in the hot water coil allowing mains water to slowly fill the expansion tank up ?

I don't think the level was set too high but it suddenly just caused an overflow of water from the external supply of water to keep coming. I've stopped the supply of water externally. From that I can monitor if there is water coming from the main tank.

Why does it actually need to have water in the tank and if I leave off the external supply what could potentially happen?

If there is water coming from the coil then I guess the whole store needs to be replaced?

Just a thought, when the ballvalve was cahanged was the float? Check the float doesnt have any water in it.....
Let us know the end result and good luck...

Hi all

First time poster. Hope someone can help me. I've searched through existing topics and this one seems similar to my problem.

Got a Gledhill Torrent Direct boiler in my apartment which has been working fine for the last 7 years. Recently though the boiler has been producing excessive heat from the top of the boiler, which is producing condensation in the boiler cupboard. No problems with the hot water supply itself although its noticeably hotter than usual.

Any ideas? Is the water pressure too high? thermostat gone? water level too high in the boiler? just need an idea before i call someone out possibly needlessly.

Many Thanks

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill Torrent Direct T210 DE problems! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock