Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Boilermate 3 with Potterton Suprima Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deafman

Hi,
I have currently been working on a house system which has been empty and drained down for a year. On recommissioning the system the Boilermate 3 heated up ok and the radiators were bled and they all worked ok, unfortunately the radiators would not shut off when the thermostat and control were put to "off". I downloaded the Gledhill manual and searched the internet forums and everything pointed to the three way valve on the Boilermate. This was changed (a pig of a job due to its location) and on investigation the old valve was jammed up with scale. However when I have restarted the system the radiators still heat up when on hot water only and there is a high pitched sound coming from the viscinity of the valve. The valve is free to operate using the manual override to put it to the heating position and the high pitched sound stops soon after moving the lever. The actuator spring returns it to the water only position and the noise starts again. I assume the valve is not shutting off fully and the noise is the throttling of the water through the small opening. Does this danfoss valve have any adjustment scope to completely shut the valve or is it fixed. I assume the valve is supposed to shut off the water to the heating side completely.
Any help from the Boilermate experts would be gratefully received.

silly question but is the water flowing the right way through the valve has the pump been reversed ?noisey mvs are usually due to reverse flow
ive got the old boilermate but that has no threeway valve just two pups

There's never such a thing as a silly question when you haven't checked that yourself. Unfortunately accessing the plug on the end of the pump motor is very difficult due to the location but I will let you know if I am successful. I will check the wiring for the pump from the drawing as well to see if I can get any idea from that. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill Boilermate 3 with Potterton Suprima Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock