Search the forum,

Discuss Getting the flow right… in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had a lovely Viessmann 222-F installed along with a HUGE 5.5kw triple panel radiator, almost next to it, to heat three rooms knocked into one.

If I open the large rad valve enough to heat the large room (I’m guessing that) the return temp to the boiler is quite high, and the boiler is modulating down. This means the other 18 radiators, up to three floors away, are not getting enough supply.

I’ve read about zone mixers, although not confident I understand it…. So I need these?

Thanks guys :)

Anything extra been added when they installed the new boiler eg another pump ?

Has the system been balanced? Just because you have one large radiator that doesn’t mean the rest will struggle if the system is designed and balanced properly.

Reply to Getting the flow right… in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature is measured by a sensor at the base of the radiator", says Jaga. How does this coordinate with a standard room-thermostat, which of course shuts off...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am about to get the attached Viessmann 100-w heat only boiler with pump and diverter valve. Current boiler - Non Condensing System - OV, CH only, no DHW Feeder Tank - Yes Expansion vessel - No Pressure Relief Valve - Yes Filter - No RF connections - 22mm NG pipe - 15mm from meter to...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock