Search the forum,

Discuss Getting the flow right… in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had a lovely Viessmann 222-F installed along with a HUGE 5.5kw triple panel radiator, almost next to it, to heat three rooms knocked into one.

If I open the large rad valve enough to heat the large room (I’m guessing that) the return temp to the boiler is quite high, and the boiler is modulating down. This means the other 18 radiators, up to three floors away, are not getting enough supply.

I’ve read about zone mixers, although not confident I understand it…. So I need these?

Thanks guys :)

Who insisted on the single rad to heat such a large space? If the other rads aren't getting hot enough get the installers back.

Anything extra been added when they installed the new boiler eg another pump ?

Has the system been balanced? Just because you have one large radiator that doesn’t mean the rest will struggle if the system is designed and balanced properly.

Reply to Getting the flow right… in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock