Search the forum,

Discuss Getting back in to it in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.
New to the forum, bit about myself left school straight to college 4 years and completed NVQ level 2&3 and was qualified gas fitter. Due to struggling to find work I left plumbing and heating as I just needed to find a job. With what happening around the world. It looks like I’m being made redundant!
So I’m tempted to dive back in to plumbing, now being out the game my gas qualification have expired and I’m looking at using the redundancy to re take the assessment!

Now can I just book on to a re training programme and sit the CCN1 etc or do I have to start all over again trying to work with someone for training and evidence of working?

If someone could help clear this up at least I know what direction I can go.
Thanks

I would check with a training centre, regarding your lapsed qualification. There have been quite a few changes depending how long you have been out of the game.

I know when mine ran out, I only had so long to retake it, approx 6-12 months, after that i would have had to redo it again. So I’d say that this would pertain to yourself, Especially if there’s a lack of experience imo.

hello and welcome mj

Reply to Getting back in to it in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock