Search the forum,

Discuss Getting access to a tap washer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I need to change the washer on one of my bathroom taps but i can't seem to find out how to get the bloody top off. From what i can gather its a pillar lever tap but all the things I've googled only seem to have the ones where you can pull a little disc off the top to gain access to the screw and mine are totally enclosed.

There's a little nub on the back but once that's off there doesn't seem to be anything to unscrew or clip off or anything.

I'll enclose a pic of the tap so you can see what i mean...
Tap.jpg

Help please it's driving me mad :D

Once the ‘nun ‘ is off can you insert a long Allen key - there is often a grubscrew holding the head on.
Usually 2 or 2.5mm, although could be a small slotted screwdriver.

Reply to Getting access to a tap washer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock