Search the forum,

Discuss Getting a Remote Control RFWRT thermostat talking to a Worcester Boiler 28i in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Getting a Remote Control RFWRT thermostat talking to a Worcester Boiler 28i, changed the batteries, no heating, hot water working ?

The Tower RFWRT only controls the heating side. The hot water (I assume the 28i is the Combi version) is controlled by the boiler.

Comments below assume that the system has been working correctly and has not been tampered with.

If it is a new installation and never worked or been tampered with, call in a heating engineer.

Comments:

Assuming that your hot water is working, the issue is on the CH control side.

You can test the RF connection between the thermostat and the receiver (refer to the Manufacturers Instructions) if that is working look at the zone valve and check that the end switch is working. If the end switch is working and the RF connection is ok the boiler will fire on a call for heat. If so and no heat is entering the system check that the valve is actually opening.

If the RF connection is not working, it seems wasteful, but it is probably easier and cheaper to just change the receiver and RF thermostat units. a replacement Tower unit is around £40

If you don’t feel competent to check out the valve and end switch ( the valve will be 240v) call in a heating engineer. Equally replacing the Tower receiver will involve a 240v connection

If RF connection is ok and the zone valve is functioning then the issue is within the boiler and you will need a Gas Safe Registered engineer to resolve it ( it is probably an internal boiler valve issue)

Reply to Getting a Remote Control RFWRT thermostat talking to a Worcester Boiler 28i in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock